Valentine’s Day FOR THE SINGLE GIRL/PRACTICING SELF-LOVE
Hey pretty girl! As you all know, Valentine’s Day is coming up and it’s typically a big deal for couples…but what do you do when you are a single girl and you want to celebrate this day (your love for…yourself)?! In today’s post, I’m going to share with you the plans I have for myself in preparation for Valentine’s Day. Hopefully this will give you some ideas on things you can do on Valentine’s Day or any other day!
If you didn’t know this already, I am single. I’m not miserably single, I’m not singing “woe is me, why am I single?” or anything of the sort. I am freakin’ fabulous and I truly love my life and I love myself. Although I am single, I do celebrate Valentine’s Day to practice self-love! I believe that self-care/self-love is really important for everyone; but especially us single girls who don’t have a significant other to love on us, etc. I honestly don’t have a problem doing this (LOL), but I know some of us do! If you are one of those people who struggle with self-love, I hope you make 2022 the year to practice it and practice it A LOT!!!
Here are a few things you can do to celebrate the Valentine’s Day, even if you are a single girl 🙂
- Get a pedicure – I have made an appointment at one of the best spas here in Huntsville and I’m going to treat myself to a pedicure. If you need a manicure, I would suggest getting one of those as well.
- Get a massage – I have a standing appointment with my massage therapist on Sundays. Although Valentine’s Day is on a Monday this year, I will be getting my massage on Sunday I’m so excited!!! If you’ve never had a professional massage before, I highly recommend one.
- Buy yourself that expensive chocolate (Turtles are my fave), flowers, handbag, shoes, dessert, meal or whatever it is that you would want that special someone in your life to buy for you. I’m planning on doing all of the above. LOL!!! Although I am planning to prepare a nice meal and dessert for myself; I will be buying myself some truffles from Chocolate Crocodile and a designer handbag.
- I’m probably going to end the day with a nice bubble bath.
- If you have girlfriends who are single as well…or girlfriends that you want to spend time with – have a Galentine’s celebration/dinner/drinks/happy hour with them.
The last two years has shown me that you have to celebrate yourself more than anyone else. You have to learn how to appreciate yourself, be kind to yourself and be in control of your own happiness.
If you have plans to celebrate Valentine’s Day and you’re a single girl, share in the comments what your plans are or what you have done in the past to celebrate this day of love.
’til next time!